From PGSC Wiki
Questions in this category have been asked by PJ
- What planets have rings in our solar system?
- Are they closer to the planets that the moon or farther away? Why? (Roche limit, explain it)
- How would you explain binary astroid we see?
- Why is Saturn special?
- Why didn't the rings condense to form moons?
- What is the ring composition?
- What's the extent of the solar sytem?
- what sets the limit on the extent of the Oort cloud from the sun?
- what is the peculiar speed of the sun with respect to the ISM?
- how would you measure the distance to the heliopause?
- do the particles in the solar system come from the ISM?
- what is the rate of mass loss due to winds from the sun?
- This is a trick question: How many planets are there in the solar system?
- Answer this in 5 secs: What is the speed of the Earth around the sun?
- What is the mass of Jupiter?
- What is Ceres? (MT)
- Where is the asteroid belt? (MT)
- How many dwarf planets are there?
- What is the size of Earth's equatorial bulge? (SR)
- Is pluto a planet?
- What defines a dwarf planet (upper and lower bounds)