From PGSC Wiki
Questions in this category have been asked by
- How can you tell the mass and age of a globular cluster?
- What is the typical M/L ratio for a GC? Explain why (age, luminosity dependence on mass).
- Draw an HR diagram for a globular cluster
- What is pleides? What is its mass?
- Tell me about globular clusters in a Galaxy. (SR) (Variation, (PJ): What is a globular cluster?)
- Mass, Number of Stars, Spatial Distribution in a galaxy, Typical Ages, Number in the Milky Way and in M87...
- What is the Spitzer instability? (SR)
- How many globular clusters are there in the galaxy?
- How far are they typically from Sag A*?
- How does the average mass of a globular cluster in stars compare to the MW disk?
- How can one determine the mass of of a globular cluster from its velocity dispersion?
- How does one infer velocities perpendicular to the line of sight in order to measure the velocity dispersion?
- What are typical temperatures of the gas in a galaxy cluster?
- How do we know this?/What is the emission mechanism?
- What if the gas were instead approximately 10 to 100 K cooler. What would the main emission mechanism be then?