From PGSC Wiki
The following questions were asked by SR:
- Describe the physical mechanism for Type Ia SNe.
- Follow-up: What sort of white dwarf do I need in order to get a SNe Ia? (E.g. Does it have to be a C-O WD?)
- What is the typical velocity associated with supernovae ejecta immediately after ejection? With the SN remnant? What causes the latter velocity?
- Show that r is proportional to t^(2/5) in the Sedov phase of a supernova remnant
- Describe Type I supernova from both an observational and theoretical perspective? Do you know what an accretion induced supernova is, supposedly produces a neutron star as its end product? (SR)
Asked by PJ:
- How would the time evolution of a SN lightcurve be different at z=1?