From PGSC Wiki
Questions in this category have been asked by HB, PJ, JW
- What are synchrotron, bremsstralung, and cyclotron radiation?
- What are the major absorption and scattering processes?
- Sketch each process and its spectrum.
- What is blackbody radiation?
- What is the typical timescale for Synchrotron cooling?
- For hot plasma emitting X-ray, in what temperature do we observe continuous emission, in what temperature do we observe lines?
- What is the radiative mechanism for the optical emission of the Crab nebular? And what's the energy source for it?
- What's the mechanism for 21cm lines? If we detect the existence of 21cm lines, what does it tell us?
- When one looks at X-ray emission from intracluster gas, how does one determine the temperature of the gas?
- How does the break on synchrotron and bremsstrahlung radiation indicate age?